Boat Transport Release
Dry Storage Agreement
Online Registration must be completed and all forms on the left must be filled out and returned to the Youth Office for the 2017 Laser Race Team
2016 on board video by Caleb Yoslov
2016 Race Team Schedule
Check the Race Teams Google Calendar
Regatta Sign-Up (Regatta registration must be completed through each regatta host)
**Order SFYC Race Team Gear Here**
Laser Gear and Rigging Recommendations
The San Francisco Yacht Club has one of the most competitive laser racing teams on the West Coast. As young sailors age out of the Opti they may become interested in the highly competitive laser class. The Laser Race Team is a yearly commitment of $2400 that can be paid in monthly installments of $200. SFYC will provide coaching at all events on the youth calendar as appropriate. A minimum of 3 sailors must attend each regatta for SFYC support. Team members must use SFYC coaching at SFYC supported events and are not to hire private coaches. The Team events and support are outlined below.
Your $200 monthly commitment covers:
Boat Storage – A spot at SFYC. The SFYC Youth Director will assign spots and boats must be stored in designated areas (no boats stored on Youth Dock).
Annual Laser Regattas:
1) On-the-water coaching at the following events, provided enough sailors attend:
• Laser Midwinters East (Jan)
• St. Francis Dinghy events (Mar/May/Oct)
• Laser Midwinters West (Mar)
• Laser Nationals – Venue varies (Jun)
• Laser PCCs – Venue varies (Jul)
• Laser North Americans – Venue varies (Jul)
• Ullman/Frost Series (Feb/Mar/Aug/Nov)
2) All practices with coaching at The SFYC on the youth calendar and prior to above regattas when available and appropriate.
3) On the water support and trailer driving to local Laser events such as BAYS regattas when they do not conflict with events listed above.
* There may be a $25-$75/day coaching fee and $100 trailer fee applied to non-Bay Area regattas when additional expenses are incurred.
Your $200 monthly commitment does NOT cover:
• Lodging at regattas
• $25-$75/day coaching fee for regattas outside the Bay Area depending on overall costs
• $75 fee for occasional Sunday practices for advanced group
• Boat charter fees
• $100 for transportation of boats to SoCal
• Split trailer expense fee to events outside of California
• Registration fees for regattas
• Support at additional regattas not listed above or on the youth calendar
• International regattas, although practices before departure may be arranged
• Specialty coaching at specialty regattas not listed above
The San Francisco Yacht Club encourages Laser sailors to travel and race as much as possible. Expenses for major regattas not listed above need to be covered individually or through financial assistance from outside sources.
The SFYC will not trailer to events not held on the West Coast and can forfeit trailer support to any event at their discretion.
Parent Participation – Fund Raising
We expect all families to participate in our fundraising efforts. Our biggest fund raising effort each year is the Belvedere Cove Foundation Auction and Dinner hosted at The SFYC in the spring. Information will be provided as the event nears, we ask all youth families to help solicit donations for the event.
Parent Participation – Volunteer
We need ongoing help from ALL parents of the team. Here are some of the ways that parents can make a valued contribution:
• Join the Committee for our Spring Fund Raising event.
• Be a Parent Volunteer at a SFYC hosted regatta.
• Drive a Laser trailer or coach boat trailer to an away regatta.
• Help coordinate team travel accommodations.
• Help develop other methods for better inter-parental communication.
SFYC youth racing calendar: www.sfyc.org
Belvedere Cove Foundation: www.belvederecovefoundation.com
US Sailing: www.ussailing.org