Rules for the Club Dock
The Members Dock is the center dock in the Guest Dock area in front of the main Clubhouse. The Guest Dock is the western dock in this area and is painted white. The rules of use are as follows from the SFYC Harbor Rules and Regulations. The Club Dock is in the charge of the Port Captain or their delegate from the Port Committee. In the absence of a member of the Port Committee, these rules will be administered and enforced by the General Manager or Harbormaster.
Members are entitled to (36) days per year complimentary usage of the Club Dock in accordance with the following rules:
- Members may enjoy (3) complimentary days per month at the Club Dock, totaling 36 days per year.
- On the 4th day during any month and each day thereafter, a charge equal to the greater of (A) $.50 per boat foot per day; or (B) $15 per day, for the privilege of tying up at the guest dock.
- To allow optimum use of the dock, no boat shall stay at the Club Dock for longer than (7) days consecutively. After (7) days, arrangements must be made to remove the boat from the harbor or transfer it to a temporary berth. Boats left at the Club Dock on the last (3) days of the month will be extended (3) additional complimentary days in the next month and then will be assessed on the 7th day
- The Club burgee must be flown by all boats while at the Club DockAll member boats must receive permission to remain at the Club Dock, and a vessel registration form must always be completed.
Nonmembers from Qualified Clubs that have been grated Reciprocal Rights may use the Club Dock with the approval of the Port Captain or General Manager provided that usage does not interfere with scheduled activities and regattas, according to the following rules:
- Each boat operated by a nonmember must register with the Port Captain and receive permission to tie at the Club Dock before or immediately upon arrival at the Club. Members of a yacht club planning a cruise to the Club are required to make prior written arrangements with the Port Captain for overnight use of the Club Dock.
- Boats operated by nonmembers must fly the burgee of an accredited yacht club and the skipper of each nonmember boat must be in possession of a valid, current membership card in an accredited yacht club.
- Non-Members whose yacht is participating in a Club-sponsored regatta will not be charged for use of the guest dock during the period the regatta is in progress, as the same is specified in the sailing instructions for that regatta.
- Charges for use of the Club Dock by nonmembers are as follows:
Day Use: No charge for the first three (3) hours, after which the overnight fee is applied.
Overnight Use: $1.00 per boat foot for each night.
- The hoist areas adjacent to the Club Dock must be kept clear at all times, and visitors are not permitted to tie up at a hoist pier.
- The San Francisco Yacht Club employs a fulltime harbor crew and a night security patrol. Please understand if you are asked for your identification. This is for your protection as well as the protection of our members and their property.
- No major repairs or maintenance on boats is permitted at the Club Dock. Vessels in distress taking refuge there should coordinate their needs with the Harbormaster as soon as possible.
- Any boats tied at the Club Dock are subject to relocation and may be moved at the discretion of an authorized San Francisco Yacht Club representative.
- Open fires, including barbecues, are not permitted at the Club Dock or in Harbor areas including the berths.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Orderly conduct on the Club premises is required at all times.
- Once you are properly registered, please feel welcome to visit our lounge and dining room. Reservations are not always required, but are recommended, especially for large parties and cruises during the main season.
- The Port Captain, a Flag Officer or the General Manager may extend the stay of a boat beyond the limitations of these rules and may adjust charges if special circumstances require.
- Vessels in distress seeking refuge at the Club Dock or on long passages should make arrangements for use of the Club Dock before arrival or as soon thereafter as possible.
- Boats which tie or remain at the Club Dock without permission are subject to being removed at the expense of the owner and may be impounded for dockage fees and costs of removal.