2019 Lipton Cup
Participating Yacht Clubs
Berkeley, Corinthian, Encinal, Inverness, Richmond, San Francisco, Sequoia, South Beach, St. Francis, Tahoe
Team SFYC Skippers
- Open Division: Matt Sessions
- Women’s Division: Cassidy Lynch
- Over-60 Division: Vicki Sodaro
Schedule of Events and Racing
All racing to take place in StFYC’s J/22s
Friday, June 14
- The Race: Racing for the Admirals Cup starts off the StFYC race desk and finishes outside the breakwater near RYC. Warning at 1400 hours. Skippers must be women.
- Cruise-In: RYC invites boats from all participating clubs to cruise in and stay on the docks.
- The Social: Hors d’oeuvres and trophy presentation at Richmond Yacht Club. Visitors are encouraged to stay for regular Friday night dinner service.
Saturday, June 15
- The Race: Racing for the Sir Thomas Lipton Challenge trophy will be held in up to 7 races on Southampton Shoal. Warning 1100 hours. Skippers must be at least 25.
- Cruise-In: Richmond Yacht Club invites boats from participating clubs to cruise in and participate in the festivities. RYC will also provide club boats for those who sign up and would like to go out on the water to observe the Saturday races.
- The Social: Following racing, Richmond Yacht Club welcomes all participants and guests to the following:
- SUP Races in the Richmond inner-harbor
- 2-person kayak tug-of-wars in the turning basin
- Radio Controlled boat demos in the harbor
- Hors d’oeuvres and trophy presentation for the Sir Thomas Lipton Challenge Trophy
- Dinner at the RYC, open to all participants and guests
- Liar’s Dice Tournament after dinner
Sunday, June 16
- The Race: Destination race from Richmond to St. Francis for the Larry Knight Trophy. Warning 1300 hours in the Southampton Shoal area; finish of StFYC Race Deck. Skipper must have reached their 60th birthday.
- The Social: Following racing, St. Francis Yacht Club will serve food and drink at the Larry Knight trophy presentation. The overall Lipton Regatta winner will also be crowned.
A Regatta for the Bay Sailing Community
This historical regatta is sponsored by the Pacific Interclub Yachting Association (PICYA) and jointly hosted by the Richmond and St. Francis Yacht Clubs. The series promotes inter-club rivalry in the Bay Area and fosters inter-club friendships within our sailboat racing community. All members from all of participating clubs are encouraged to come out and support your team through spectating on the water and joining in the social activities.
Lipton Cup (PICYA event)
6/14/2019 12:00 AM, 6/15/2019 12:00 AM, 6/16/2019 12:00 AM