Members of recognized reciprocal Clubs are welcome upon presentation of a letter of introduction from their Club and a current membership card from that Club. Please see our list of accredited reciprocal Clubs.
All visiting sailors must register at the Clubhouse, and their boats must be registered by completing the guest vessel registration form. Upon registration, visitors will receive a guest card. Please note that The Club accepts credit card payment from visiting yachtsmen and guests at the Galley, Bar and Ship's Store. There will be a 10% guest fee added to these purchases. Cash is no longer accepted. A valid personal check will be accepted for guest dock fees.
- All visiting yachts must fly their club's burgee.
- Tables may not be set up on the Guest Dock. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres are to be confined to cruise-in boats.
- Open fires, including barbeques, are not permitted in the dock area at any time.
- Noise must be kept at a minimum after sundown. Orderly conduct on Club premises is required at all times.
- Pets are not allowed on Club property, including deck, parking lot and lawn areas.
- In most cases, dress around The Club is casual and informal. Shirts and footwear must be worn at all times when in the Clubhouse.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought onto, or removed from, The Club grounds at any time.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Club facilities and on Club property, including the harbor, deck, parking lot and lawn areas.
- The San Francisco Yacht Club employs a fulltime harbor crew and a night security patrol. Please understand if you are asked for your identification. This is for our protection as well as the protection of our members and their property.
- No major repairs or maintenance on boats is permitted at the Club Dock. Vessels in distress taking refuge there should coordinate their needs with the Harbormaster as soon as possible.
- Any boats tied at the Club Dock are subject to relocation and may be moved at the discretion of an authorized San Francisco Yacht Club representative
- Once you are properly registered, please feel welcome to visit our lounge and dining room. Reservations are not always required, but are recommended, especially for large parties and cruises during the main season.